Before we can move on to our next exciting project, we needed to devote some time on Saturday to cleaning up the disarray left by the installation of the new water heater and the hot and cold water lines. That includes reinstalling the bilge blower (or so we thought) and remounting the port engine's coolant overflow bottle, both of which had to be removed to get the new water heater in behind the port engine. We'll also have to make the AC power connections to the new water heater.
Not everything was completed on Saturday because we had to leave early, but we'll finish those things on Sunday.
We'd love to fill our water tank and run some water through all that new hose but we just can't trust the weather. The way it's been going, it could freeze again.
Frances gave instructions to photograph both sides of the v-berth so she could determine where the new reading lights should go and we did manage to get that done.
About a month ago, we looked at reading lights at Defender and were amazed at the prices. Some of them were over $100 each and we didn't think even those looked all that great. Frances picked out a light from the West Marine catalog and we ordered them through the marina from Port Supply. Not exactly a style leader but they are powder coated, have an on-off switch and 24 LEDs. At $25 each, they should fit our reading needs nicely.
We don't have 12 volts available in the v-berth except above the headliner (which we have no intention of removing) so we'll have to run some wires from the lower steering station, up forward and have them exit right behind the light. At least that's the plan.
Pesto on Saturday Night
We left the boat a little earlier than usual on Saturday so we could get cleaned up before leaving for a meeting with our A-dock neighbors. Our meeting spot was Willington Pizza, a place fairly convenient to everyone. We're not really pizza lovers but the pizza at this place is among the best we have ever had. It was packed (as it probably always is on a Saturday night) but that didn't stop 22 of our fellow boaters from catching up and enjoying some good Italian food.
Naturally, we had to shoot some video of this event. Sorry it's noisy but we left the volume up because that's the way it sounded. Just right as far as we're concerned. It was great to see everyone again.
Frances also shot some stills and we've included all of them here except one, which was a shot of the back of somebody's head.
Sunday: We fight the bilge blower
On Sunday, we went back to the boat but try as we might, we couldn't get the bilge blower back in place. Whoever installed it must have been a lot more flexible than we are because we couldn't come close to reaching the spot where screws and washers mount it to a piece of plywood that is screwed into one of the deck cross members. But, we have a solution, and we brought the bilge blower back home so we \could fabricate a mount that will work. The bilge blower will go in next weekend, for sure.
We've put ourselves on the list for an April 29 launch. That's a week later than last year and if the river doesn't flood, it should work.