Thus fortified, we made our way to the boat. The idea was to give Frances a chance to take some last items off the boat for the winter.
While she did that, I took a look at what I'd have to do to replace the heads on our starboard engine.
Several years ago, we replaced the all four risers and had the heat exchangers rebuilt, so this wasn't new territory for us. We didn't really have all of the tools required but while Frances was busy, we took a look at removing the inside starboard manifold, since that was the easiest one to access.
As you'll see in the video, the riser on that side came off without much effort. The bolts on the manifold also came out, except for one, where we rounded the head of the bolt. We can get that out but we didn't have the tools necessary right then. The other bolts holding the manifold in were in quite good condition so we have to think that the manifolds had been replaced before with good quality hardware. That's good because we don't want to break off a bolt.
Next weekend, we'll take everything off that side and all the other stuff we're going to have to remove. At least that's what we'll try to do.