Friday, December 4, 2009

Finished stripes on bridge

Well, here is the unmasking of the bridge stripes.


The painter used Frog painter's tape and is not 100% pleased with the result.  I overlaid the sections of the tape, as fellow painters would, and there was some seepage where the overlays were.


For the taping of the cabin stripes, I may choose to go back to the painter's tape with the blue hue...Any comments or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.


Now I must return to the job site and touch up this bad boy, with an X-acto knife and a tiny brush.  OY

3 comments:

  1. You should of asked me....I have the perfect tape for you, made bt 3M it's the green tape 233+.
    Designed specifically for the professional painter, this tape is conformable,hugs curves and contours, goes on quick and easy.
    It's much better than the blue for your painting applications.
    Check out our ships store to see the results of this amazing tape. I always have it in stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo, Karen, thanks for the tape. The green stuff I used came from Ocean State. That was probably not a good move on my part. I will use the stuff you gave me for the horizontal stripes I have to paint. The verticals may be ok with the cheapo stuff. (by the way, I paid $2.99 for the frog *&^&*^...(Mistake)

    Mad Dogette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you are being too hard on yourself; we promise not to look closely at any of the vertical stripes and will gaze lovely at the horizontal areas.

    ReplyDelete